A curated collection of screenplays, awards and films from Gayvin’s collected work.
FILM & SCREENWRITING PORTFOLIO
Gayvin Powers, MFA, MA – Award-Winning Screenwriter & Educator
creative I focused I inspiring
1916 (short film)
- Award-winning short film that was honored by the Ojai Film Society and presented by Larry Hagman.
- It was the first time a writer won the award over a director and was unanimously voted the winner.
- Played weekly at the American Film Institute for recruiting events.
“Life is either a daring adventure of nothing,” by Helen Keller is Gayvin’s favorite quote and that hero’s journey and approach to life can be seen in all of her writing, including scripts. To maximize exposure, all of Gayvin’s scripts are designed for adaptation into book format and visa versa. She is known for her authentic characters and making story choices that engage viewers into scripts that connect across genres, to the collective unconscious and to the archetypes within each of us.
Sample Feature Script
AT DAWN (feature film)
Inspired by 1916, At Dawn has been recognized at:
* Beverly Hills Film Festival – Finalist – Screenplay
* Nichols Fellowship – Finished top 10% of scripts (out of 6,000+)
Click on At Dawn to download the first 10 pages of the script.
List of Scripts – Live Action
(*Award Winning or Recognized)
UNTITLED, energy and science documentary, in development, 2021
COURTESAN WITCHES, writer, feature (adapted from novel)
MAISY MATHIS, writer, feature
IONA FAY & THE FIRE KEEPERS, writer, feature (part 2 in series)
1920s, writer, tv script
IVIK, writer, feature script, in development
THERAPY, writer, tv spec script
CINDY CLAUS, writer, feature script
AT DAWN, writer, feature script*
IONA FAY, writer, feature, (part 1 in series. Adapted from novel receiving 5 stars on Amazon)
WHERE’S NORMA REINE, writer, tv spec script
YEATS, writer, feature script
GREEN, story editor, short film *
MERCY, writer, short film script
MUFFIN, writer, short film script
OUR HOME, writer, short film script
THE SKYE IN JUNE, co-writer, feature
TRINITY, writer, feature
ENDOWMENT, producer and co-writer, short video, Tech Museum of Innovation, 2000
THEODORE WORRES, producer, Triton Museum of Art, 1999
- NaNoWriMo, Writing Challenge, Winner, 2021
- The Ken Smith Fiction Scholarship, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Winner, 2020
- Program for Continuing Education, Philanthropic Education Organization, Recipient, 2020
- Dr. Margaret N. Kelley Scholarship, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Winner, 2020
- Dedman Leadership, Graduate, 2016
- Ojai Film Society Award Winner, 1916, Screenwriter, 2006
- World Fest Houston Award, Green, Story Editor, Platinum Remi Award/Film, 2009
- Beverly Hills Film Festival, At Dawn, Screenwriter Nominee, 2012
- Nicholl Fellowship, At Dawn, Screenwriter Finalist (top 10% out of 6,000+ entries), 2011
- ASC Awards, Green, Story Editor, Honorable Mention/Film, 2008