A curated selection of Film & Screenwriting
Award-winning scripts that entertain, enlighten and engage audiences.
F I L M S
With a Master of Arts in Screenwriting from the American Film Institute, Gayvin writes historical films with strong female leads, specializing in the hero’s journey, war, fantasy, adventure and children’s stories. Her writing skills excel in story development, adaptation (book to script and visa versa), script doctoring, plot issues and authentic character arcs.
Highlights of Films, Videos & Media
- Twenty scripts written, feature and short live action, that have been optioned, pre- to post-production or in circulation. List of work in “SCRIPTS” section below.
- IVIK optioned and in development, 2021
- Soul Sisters Write, 65+ videos (2-30 minutes), writer, director, editor, 2018, 2019
- Sandhills Community College, 6 Alumni videos, writer, interviewer and director, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Sandhills Community College, Donor video (21 min.-four hours footage, 36 interviews), writer and director, 2017
- Sandhills Community College, Clock Talks, 7 videos (5-minutes), co-creator, director, 2016, 2017
- Sandhills Community College Culinary Department, 3 videos, writer and director, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Sandhills Community College, Core Values: Opportunity & Excellence, writer and director, 2015
- Online Fitting, developer and creator, online fitting tool for women, 2012
- Consultant and Writer, Catsup & Mustard (internet company), developing fun, entertaining games teaching children how to read through linear progression, 2008
1916 (short film)
- Award-winning short film that was honored by the Ojai Film Society and presented by Larry Hagman.
- It was the first time a writer won the award over a director and was unanimously voted the winner.
- Played weekly at the American Film Institute for recruiting events.
1916 Award-Winning Short Film
- NaNoWriMo, Writing Challenge, Winner, 2021
- The Ken Smith Fiction Scholarship, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Winner, 2020
- Program for Continuing Education, Philanthropic Education Organization, Recipient, 2020
- Dr. Margaret N. Kelley Scholarship, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Winner, 2020
- Dedman Leadership, Graduate, 2016
- Ojai Film Society Award Winner, 1916, Screenwriter, 2006
- World Fest Houston Award, Green, Story Editor, Platinum Remi Award/Film, 2009
- Beverly Hills Film Festival, At Dawn, Screenwriter Nominee, 2012
- Nicholl Fellowship, At Dawn, Screenwriter Finalist (top 10% out of over 6,000 entries), 2011
- ASC Awards, Green, Story Editor, Honorable Mention/Film, 2008
S C R I P T S
“Life is either a daring adventure of nothing,” by Helen Keller is Gayvin’s favorite quote and that hero’s journey and approach to life can be seen in all of her writing, including scripts. To maximize exposure, all of Gayvin’s scripts are designed for adaptation into book format and visa versa. She is known for her authentic characters and making story choices that engage viewers into scripts that connect across genres, to the collective unconscious and to the archetypes within each of us.
Sample Feature Script
AT DAWN (feature film)
Inspired by 1916, At Dawn has been recognized at:
* Beverly Hills Film Festival – Finalist – Screenplay
* Nichols Fellowship – Finished top 10% of scripts (out of 6,000+)
Click on At Dawn to download the first 10 pages of the script.
List of Scripts
(*Award Winning or Recognized)
UNTITLED, energy and science documentary, in development, 2023
COURTESAN WITCHES, writer, feature (adapted from novel), 2023
MAISY MATHIS, writer, feature
IONA FAY & THE FIRE KEEPERS, writer, feature (part 2 in series)
1920s, writer, tv script
IVIK, writer, feature script, in development
THERAPY, writer, tv spec script
CINDY CLAUS, writer, feature script
AT DAWN, writer, feature script*
IONA FAY, writer, feature, (part 1 in series. Adapted from novel receiving 5 stars on Amazon)
WHERE’S NORMA REINE, writer, tv spec script
YEATS, writer, feature script
GREEN, story editor, short film *
MERCY, writer, short film script
MUFFIN, writer, short film script
OUR HOME, writer, short film script
THE SKYE IN JUNE, co-writer, feature
TRINITY, writer, feature
ENDOWMENT, producer and co-writer, short video, Tech Museum of Innovation, 2000
THEODORE WORRES, producer, Triton Museum of Art, 1999